GENERAL PAPER 2017
(OBJECTIVE) SECTION A
A Choose from the options lettered A-E the one that best answers each of the following questions and write out in your answer sheets the correct "letter" only.
1.Which of the following is not an element of culture?
A. Beauty B. Colour C. Food D. Language E. Music
2. The earth is_in shape.
A. circle B. oblique C. oblong D. round E. spherical
3. _is an example of a hard drug
A. Cocaine B. Cough syrub C. Folic acid D. Panadol E. Vitamin B complex
4. Which of these is an example of inclined plane?
A. Bottle opener B. Hammer C. Staircase D. Sugar tongs E. wheelbarrow
5. Ruminants and non-ruminants animals are based on mode of
A. feeding B. feeling C. breathing D. reproduction E. crying
6. One of the following does not supply heat.
A. Electric bulbs, fire B. Earth, water C. Sun, candle D. Wood, fire E-Lantern, chemical-…..-
7._is an example of pests.'
A. Bats B. Cows C. Dogs D. Goats E. Sheep
8. Trade between two countries is known as_
A. African trade B. Local trade C. Trade by barter D. National trade E. International trade
9. Traditional means of transportation is by_
A. aeroplane and jet B. cars and lorries C. helicopter D. railway and ship E. Trekking and use of animals
10. The male part of a flower is called_
A. ovary B. pistil C. stamen D. Stigm E. style
11. There are_classes of food.
A. 8 B. 4 C. 5 D. 7 E. 6
12. One of the importance of weed is to_
A. Check erosion B. help the weed to grow C. make pothole on our environment D. Make water to circulate our land E. none of the above
13. What is this instrument used for?
A. Measuring the climate B. Measuring the amount of rainfall C. Measuring the relief of an area D. Measuring the temperature E. Measuring the wind
14. The food given to plants by Inan to make them grow quickly and healthy is called_
A. nutrient B. lime C. mulch D. fertilizer E. supplement
15. Working together to achieve common goals is known as_
A. conqurers B. cooperation C. Pressure group D. organization E. services
16.Communication aided by electrical or electronic transmission is known as__
A. ball transmission B. mass communication C. telecommunication D. Water transmission E. Water transportation
17. Animals that lived in water are referred to as_ animals
A. aquatic B. amphibians C. carnivorous D. omnivous E. terrestrial
18. Using resources more than necessary is known as_
A. cooperation B. protection C. over utilization D.under utilization E. utilization
19. Culture is said to belong to a group of people and it passes from one_to another.
A. gathering B. generation C. group D. meeting E. society – – one
20. According to Islamic religion a man could marry up to_wives
A. two B. three C. Four D. five E.