RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL MANUAL
SUNDAY, 26TH MARCH 2017
TOPIC: FULFILLING PURPOSE
MEMORY VERSE: ”Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice." – John 18:37
BIBLE PASSAGE: Philippians 3:12-14
In the previous lesson, we discovered that the purpose of living for the natural man is for himself (Luke 12:15), while the purpose of living for the regenerated man is to live for Christ (2Corinthians 5:15). It is important to note that God does not waste resources. Hence, everything He created is for a purpose. The sun gives light and never ceases to shine (Psalm 136:7-9), the cloud gives rain in due season and trees provide food and shade accordingly (Leviticus 26:4). Other animals play their parts without hesitation. Amazingly, man struggles to understand and fulfill his purpose for living. The discovery, as well as fulfillment of divine purpose, is the focus of today's lesson.
1. Discover your purpose in life
2. Live to fulfil it
DISCOVER YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE
Like Apostle Paul, once you become a new creation in Christ (2Corinthians 5:17), you must begin to crave for the understanding of your purpose for living on earth (Philippians 3:12). That purpose has been predetermined by God before you were born (Jeremiah 1:5; Galatians 1:15). It is your duty to discover and fulfil it. Here are some practical pointers to your purpose for living:
1. Potential: You need to identify your in-built ability, your talents and God-given gifts (Ephesians 4:7). Find out the things you do with less stress e.g. Singing, drawing, talking to a crowd, helping others etc. The knowledge or skills you acquire in life should be to shape and sharpen your potential (Acts 7:22).
2. Passion: What are those things you exceptionally have flare or zeal for, and do often and often? Build your vocation or career on such things. The things that get you excited, gives you joy and satisfaction can lead you to the fulfilment of your purpose in life (Psalm 69:9; Colossians 4:12-13).
3. Prayer: After you have identified your potential(s) and the thing(s) you are passionate about, you need to pray for divine guidance and direction, so that the world and the enemy will not hijack your purpose in life (Acts 9:1-2; 10:9-20).
LIVE TO FULFIL IT
These seven things will help every child of God fulfil purpose in life.
1. Ask God to reveal to you His plan for your life (Jeremiah 1:4-5). Then, draw a vision and mission statement (Proverbs 29:18; Habakkuk 2:2).
2. Set achievable goals and pursue them (Acts 20:24; Psalm 57:7). Take a step at a time and do not be a mediocre (Psalm 37:23; Hebrews 6:1).
3. Identify and relate with people of like passion; learn from their mistakes and build on their success (2Kings 2:1-2,14).
4. Submit yourself for mentoring and counselling; do not claim to know it all (Acts 18:24-26; Proverbs 11:14; 15:22).
5. Live as if you have just one more day on earth; do not procrastinate (Luke 9:61).
6. Focus your attention on God (Hebrews 12:2). Make sure all that you do is to His pleasing (Colossians 1:10).
7. Always return all the glory to God; do not ascribe anything to yourself (Malachi 2:2; Daniel 4:30-34).
So many people live and die without leaving any positive mark. Be different. You are not a nonentity.
1. Discuss the practical pointers to the discovery of one's purpose in life.
2. Mention the paths to the fulfilment of purpose in life.
Sent from my Blog http://ift.tt/1scst35
from Blogger http://ift.tt/2noMngN